August member Blog Hop! - SMEARED & SMUDGED



Blog Roll:


"create something using one of his poems!"


I`ve made a tag using the poem " a dream within a dream"

First of all I printed out the text from the poem and added to tag.
Printed the digi stamp "Edgar Allen Poe - Quoth the Raven" from Smeared Ink out on silver vellum paper and added his portrait with Glossy accent. Covered the hole thing with Distress crackle paint - "clear rock candy" and set to dry.

Meanwhile I made my charm cluster. Painted the leaves with black acrylic paint and then sandpapered them to get the "worn" look.
Punched my tags with metal letters and hammer ( I don´t know what you call this technique in english) maybe it is "stamping on metal".



Thank You and Enjoy the Roll!
XXlisa

14 kommentarer:

KristyLee sa...

Hi Lisa,
This is great! I love how you used crackle paint! Love the charms too! That is a really cool effect you did with the Poe image! Great job!
Peace,
Kristy

Monique's art sa...

Amazing tag love the crackle. Great job

Laura B sa...

Completely awesome tag! Love it.:)

Julia sa...

Beautiful tag, love the background!
Hugs,
Julia

Wendy sa...

Lisa your tag is outstanding. I love all the details and embellies you used to make it stunning! Great work!

I Don't Do Straight sa...

Stunning Tag Lisa! Love the charms :)

ike sa...

What an awesome tag. Love the crackle effect and the super charms. Amazing piece :-) xxx

Vee Cassidy sa...

Wonderful tag,Lisa; this is one of my favourite Poe poems too. I love what you have done with the text and the charms are awesome. Vee xx

Shelley sa...

Fanstasic tag! I really love how you have done the background on it and those stamped metal tags are brilliant!! xxxx

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com sa...

oh sweet poe..crackle paint..charms greyish black..wonderful taste of Poe.awesome art.
hugs,
susan s.

Unknown sa...

Fantastic tag love it
Hugs
xxx

Unknown sa...

Love Love LOVE (understatement) the way you set up the poem in strips, and how they are coming off the edges of the tag! I think I need to get one of those metal stamps now, I've never really seen how they come out but your charms are awesome!

~Lady B~ sa...

Absolutely stunning tag! Your stamped metal is a wonderful touch and I really like the technique you've used on Poe. You can see him and see through him too. Awesome!

Billie A sa...

Awesome. Love it. Great work so nicely done. RIP Edgar